Novak Djokovic calculates on his return to the big tennis stage with light start-up difficulties. “I know that at the beginning of this week I will probably not be in full form. It will take some time and some games until I really come in the rhythm and reach my competition level I really need,” said world ranking first before his first Application since the end of February.
The 34-year-old gave the most important tournaments this year due to its vaccine skills: the Australian Open and the Masters in Indian Wells, he completed three matches. At Master in Monte Carlo, he meets the Spaniard Alejandro Davidovich Fokina after a freil in the second round on Tuesday afternoon.
Articles and videos about the topic
- Djokovic: “I miss the competition”
- Top sport live on Dazn. Register now! Can be terminated at any time monthly.
He had been “yearning” on the moment of his return, Djokovic said. Monte Carlo, where the native Belgrader lives and trains, be “the best place where I can start”. For a long time for the warm games Djokovic remains not, in the quarter-finals, a duel could be nearly the 18-year-old Shooting Star Carlos Alcaraz. The Spaniard had recently sensationally won the Masters in Miami.